Trixie Traylor's MidCentury Adventure

The trials, tribulations, and trailer talk of a modern and misunderstood female.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

When the Shit hit the...new car

So a friend of mine created a dog rescue organization...Atlanta Dog Squad(http://www.atlantadogsquad.com).

I was very supportive...emotionally... while she solicited helpers, developed a website, etc. So I knew it wasnt going to be long before I too would be sucked into the rescue votex...not a bad thing...saving doggie lives is good for the soul.

A little guy name Costas needed a foster home this week. Costas is a lab/corgie puppy. My friend worked her magic..."look how cute he is, just like a teddy bear, and a low-rider, poor guy needs somewhere to stay". I know, you just place"sucker" accross my head.

Well I agree, put in my application and was oddly "Approved".

Now I live in East Atlanta (southeast of downtown) and the puppy was in the "northern country". A far trek into suburbia for me...but I grab an Evian and a bag a Combos and off I go.

The vet clinic is very nice and they "carry" the little guy to me. He is just a sweet, shaking little guy who wouldnt walk and peed all over the floor. Better there than in the car...right. They deal with that stuff all the time.

I "carry" him to my car because he refuses to walk (dragging him across the room didnt sound like a good idea).

I have moved everything from the back seat of my NEW Mazda3 (5-door) into the "way back" so Costas can comfortably sit on the nice 300 thread count sheet i have layed out for him. Before I can get around the car to the drivers side...he's jumped into the "way back"....

Ok so...thats Ok, right I mean he's scared and doesnt know me and if he's more comfortable sitting on top of my 2 leather jackets, cashmere pashmina, 100 CD Holder, breifcase w/ computer....then its Ok , right?

I start the car, I put it in reverse and suddenly the Wrath of Khan descends om my "still smells like a new car" car...costas' ass has exploded in the back of my CAR!!! (that is putting it nicely).

Costas must have been holding out for DAYS....it looked like a horse was in the back of my car....and he's not sitting still. He, like me, wants to get away from the horrible smell...but he's very uncoordianted. My poor car... I mean... the poor dog.

Needless to say, it was a horrible, hour long ride home till I could clean out the car...the dog...me...and all the contents in the back. I went through a container of Lysol Handi Wipes just on the CDs.

But let us not end this tale of woe on a downer...costas is doing fine now, its been a tough 48 hours for him. He made it through the night with no additional "issues" and is wagging his tail and walking around by himself. He will be participating in an adoption on Saturday.

Lets get this tyke adopted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home