Trixie Traylor's MidCentury Adventure

The trials, tribulations, and trailer talk of a modern and misunderstood female.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Ground Hog Interviews

Ok its been a few days and i meant to do this every day BUT for the sake of "downsizing:" my own expenses i had to cut off the cable. Which means i am stealing an internet connection. And its been real spotty.

Monday was an emotional rollercoaster. First, an email from AT&T:

"Thank you for submitting your resume for the Sr Creative Project Manager, however we will not be inviting you to interview". Ugh you gotta be kidding. A rejection email, this early in the morning...it was like 8:30 on a Monday...i hadnt even had a chai yet.

But, then an email from John at 22squared. He liked me and wanted to know my salary requirements...thats a positive! things are looking up, up.

Then a phone call from Pat with Georgia Pacific. I interviewed 3 times with these people. taking time out of valuable contracting work...they cost me approx 300 bucks with all the time they wanted to interview. She called to personally tell me how much she liked me and wished they were ready to hire but decided to put the job on hold until they figured out a better structure in order to support the needs of the company...downer...big downer...I kinda already knew this but was in denial and thought they would have come around by now.

OK now I am looking for baked goods....its not noon yet. Whoo hoo, another call from 22squared, they like me, money is pretty close, lets get you in to meet some others. Yea!

So on Wednesday I interviewed with a big advertising agency, 22squared...formerly known as West Wayne. Great! cause as you read in my last post, money is running out, like seriously.

So Ashley...the very helpful assistant...arranged for me to have 3 interview sets. Yes sets. Multiple people interviews...like 2-3-2, which in the grand scheme of things isnt bad.. better than 7 individual interviews.

I wear my favorite orange/black/white/tan plaid GunMetal tassle tie pumps, with a sweet heather grey a line skirt, a burnt orange tight sweater with a black suede wide belt around my waist and a grey vintage jacket...very pretty outfit...Oh and my orange pashmina...nina.

My hair is rockin...and i cover the few grey hairs that are coming out around my face with my handy dandy mascara...my hair appt was on Thursday.

And i proceed to be dazzling, each and every time...but it was much of the same thing. As if i had a schtick. Open with the "my own agency bit" meander over to the gained 30 pds in a year Olympic Job, Freelance creative, then the year of cocktail parties...fun fun, lighthearted Tracy...then the serious UPS Job and the downsizing debacle. The same story and questions each time.

I think it might be like what actors go through when they do a press junket. Yes, i sat in the same chair, the comfy one, with the best lighting, and people came in and out of the room asking the same questions. I was charming and witty. Yes, I was at my own press junket...the one for Tracy B Young staring as herself, a desperate girl who needs a new job so she can buy those very cute shoes and that great piece of art...oh and not to forget the car payment.

They laughed and smiled...and seemed to like my stories. I left thinking that I nailed it. Really.

Its friday. I hope i get an offer soon. I put a cute coat on hold yesterday in pre-celebratory anticipation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home