Trixie Traylor's MidCentury Adventure

The trials, tribulations, and trailer talk of a modern and misunderstood female.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Village Hardware Tattoos Rock!

I hung out with my new friend Stewart last night. Stewart makes me laugh so hard i nearly pee my pants. He is hilarious.

He is also the "flower guy". He gives away a painted flower a day and then blogs about it. I received one a few months ago...i got a scavenger hunt with mine which was quite fun. But i hadnt witnessed a "presentation" til last night. It was very exciting.

We decided to go hang out in east atlanta and have a few "beers". I actually had cider since i really hate beer. It was a lovely pear cider to be exact and i think i had two...maybe three, no two. I dont remember. We also made a list of bands to play on the internet juke box. I think we found half of our list...LCD is a favorite and we played Us and Them...over and over again.

We also played Bonde (blada blah--i cant remember the whole name), stewart always picks this one. The room was raised up a level when we played Serge Gainesborg...parle vous frances! But in general, you couldnt actually hear the music. The place was loud with EA tattoo people. We toyed with yelling "shut UP" or a really mean "shhhhhhhh"...but decided to drink instead.

However, to better fit in with the crowd, stewart applied a Village Hardware temporary tattoo to both of his hands...i chose the inner forearm. I felt really tough. Like a Broad. I was a broad with temporary tattoos drinking pear cider. Dont mess with me...i might kick you really really hard. We "gaaarrr'd" each other trying to be really tough.

Before the night ended though, stewart was going to give away the flower for the day. I was so excited to witness the event. He decided the male bartender was appropriate. he needed to raise the male balance of giving. When he handed it to the guy he said "oh, sweet" "Im gonna keep it at the bar"...and he placed it in the "tab rack" very prominently i might add. I clapped with joy...it was fun to see the expression on his face.


All in all a fun night...that ended with the scanning of my hand (see below), painting a wine glass postcard and bit more to drink. My head hurts, a bit...but wouldnt change a single moment.

Thank you Stewart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home